Taking Summer Classes Away from TCU
Points to consider:
- If you have 54 or more credit hours, classes away from TCU must be taken at a four-year university.
- If you have fewer than 54 credit hours you may attend a community college or a four-year university.
- Once a student is enrolled at TCU, no more than 12 total hours may be transferred from other schools.
- You may take TCU Core courses over the summer with the exception of Cultural Awareness, Global Awareness and Citizenship and Social Values which may not be transferred to TCU.
- Grades for courses that are part of your business lower division requirements (ECON, ENGL, and MATH) will be count toward your LDR GPA and be evaluated as part of admission to Neeley.
- Online classes are permitted and will be subject to the same approval process as in person.
How to get courses approved:
- Decide what class you hope to take over the summer and where it would be convenient for you to take it. You can find course options by using the Transfer Equivalency Tool.
- Before enrolling, submit a transfer credit request on your my.tcu portal.
HOW TO SUBMIT A TRANSFER CREDIT REQUEST:
- Go to my.tcu.edu > Student Homepage > Academic Records > Transfer Credit
- From the drop down list, select Request Transfer Credit.
- Carefully read and follow all instructions.
- You will receive email notification of approval or denial once processing is complete
- NOTE: The grades on Lower Division Requirement classes that you transfer in will count toward your LDR GPA.
This process protects you from accidentally taking a class that will not transfer to TCU. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your courses to be evaluated and returned back to you. If your request is denied you are welcome to submit another request to evaluate a new class option.