Leadership is a significant differentiator and a critical success factor for today’s organizations. The executive leader of today must understand not only how to provide a quality service or product, but also how to build and lead an effective organization, think strategically, and collaborate internally and externally to drive change and achieve results in a complex environment. TCU Neeley Executive Education, in partnership with The National African American Women’s Leadership Institute presents a leadership educational experience unlike any other program.
This program delivers an innovative and experiential opportunity that develops executive leaders’ capabilities for leadership, creating highly effective teams & organizations, business insight, financial acumen, process improvement, strategic thinking, and leading change that allows practical applications and collaboration among all Fellows in an environment that fosters their individual growth. Part of NAAWLI's success is its ability to support and appreciate diversity, not only in the delivery of content, but also in the breadth of the community it serves which provides a venue for African—American women to embark on a journey that transforms and enhances their lives both personally and professionally.
The sessions are held over a three week time frame–one week in March, June and September. Each of the sessions are held in Dallas, Texas:
March 18-21, 2018
June 17-20, 2018
September 16-19, 2018
Cost: $6,500* for attendees and $5,000 for non-profits
Program Design & Makeup
NAAWLI will select a cohort of Fellows from across various industries, as well as create a network of leaders who collaborate to achieve results, drive change and meaningfully contribute to their organization’s long-term success. TCU will provide a culturally diverse faculty to administer multiple days of custom designed curriculum.
Who Should Apply?
African American women who are in middle management positions in corporations, nonprofit organizations and entrepreneurs looking to hone their leadership skills. Participants are selected to create a diverse group of accomplished business professionals from a wide variety of industries, disciplines, and managerial backgrounds.
- Application submitted by mid-January annually
- Corporate sponsor statement
- Group Attendance
What You Will Learn
- Adaptive leadership including real life leadership approaches and practical tools you can put into practice immediately.
- Understanding design thinking and its role in business innovation.
- Using human centric design principles to transform your customer experience.
- Identifying and defining the customer experience for your organization.
- Strategic thinking and strategic leadership that focuses on an approach that allows leaders to clearly frame organizational issues and the associated objectives, obstacles and stakeholders.
- Techniques to use strategic marketing and personal branding.
- Financial acumen such as key concepts and practical insights into how financial information is used for decision making.
- Compromise and negotiations through a 5-step negotiations model aimed at effectively settling disagreements while strengthening long-term relationships.
How You Will Benefit
- Broaden your understanding of the expectations for leaders, including the crucial role they play in supporting an ongoing cultural shift, demonstrating organizational values, & leading strategic initiatives within their professions.
- Improve your ability to lead teams, engage & motivate people, challenge the status quo, and lead change in complex environments through insight and heightened self-awareness alongside expert faculty.
- Enhance your understanding of the evolution and complexity in organizational budgets, as well as your business acumen around the strategic and financial elements of their organizations.
- Choose from multiple opportunities to practice key skills & behaviors through project teams as well as on-the- job practice and application assignments.
- Leadership (Adaptive Leadership & Leading in Complexity)
- Executive Presence
- Strategy (Strategy, Business Acumen, & Strategic Thinking)
- Leading for Collaboration (Leading with Emotional Intelligence, Executive Team Effectiveness in Complex, Changing & Ambiguous Environments)
- Strategic Branding
- Motivating Others
- Design Thinking
- Leading Difficult Conversations for Better Outcomes
- Financial Acumen (Financial Acumen/Using Financial Data in Business Decision-Making)
- Additional topics could include: Data Analytics for Leaders, Making a Business Case, Critical Thinking, & Entrepreneurship