MBA Economist full

The Economist Ranks TCU MBA Faculty No. 2 in the World and Graduate Career Services 20th

TCU is ranked one of the best in the world and is one of only four Texas universities in the ranking of full-time MBA programs. 

October 10,  2014

By Elaine Cole

The TCU MBA program is one of the best in the world according to The Economist magazine. In the magazine’s 2014 ranking of the best 100 full-time MBA programs in the world, TCU MBA faculty quality ranks 2ndand career service ranks 20th. Overall, TCU MBA is ranked 38 in the U.S. and 67 in the world.

The Economist ranks MBA programs around the world on faculty quality, career services, alumni network, educational experience, salary increase and more, which accounts for 80 percent of the overall ranking. Survey responses from students and recent graduates make up the other 20 percent.

Only four Texas MBA programs are included in the world ranking. Here is a sample: 

MBA PROGRAM

WORLD

U.S.

FACULTY

(world)

CAREER SERVICES

(world)

ALUMNI NETWORK

(world)

% SALARY INCREASE

(world)

UTAustin/McCombs

32

23

58

26

48

73

Rice/Jones

33

24

42

33

80

30

TCU/Neeley

67

38

2

20

35

36

SMU/Cox

86

48

16

86

28

88

This is the third year for TCU’s Neeley School to be included in the world ranking. For a complete list of The Economist 2014 rankings for full-time MBA programs, visit http://www.economist.com/whichmba.

TCU/Neeley also ranks 4th in the world for facilities according to a ranking of the Top Ten Business School - Facilities released by The Economist in January 2014: 1) ESMT European School of Management, 2) University of Bath, 3) Dartmouth/Tuck and 4) TCU/Neeley. (http://www.economist.com/whichmba/mba-rankings/facilities)

“That TCU continues to be ranked so highly among all the business schools in the world is testament to the quality of the education and experience that our MBA students receive and the knowledge and dedication that our faculty and staff provide, which helps our students distinguish themselves across the globe,” Bill Cron, associate dean of graduate programs for the Neeley School, said.

“Faculty quality and career services are hallmarks of a sophisticated MBA program, so we put a great deal of thought and energy into leveraging the talents we have in those areas. This worldwide recognition by The Economist reflects our competency on a global scale,” O. Homer Erekson, the John V. Roach Dean of the Neeley School of Business at TCU, said.

For more information on the TCU MBA program, visit www.mba.tcu.edu.