No matter your career stage, job title or industry, the ability to persuade others is critical for success. The Power of Persuasion workshop will provide you with practical tools that you can utilize immediately in your career. This workshop combines social psychology research and marketing insights to build time-tested principles that deliver practical application to your real-world challenges.
This interactive workshop is designed to teach you to communicate more effectively, thereby making your contributions more influential and impactful. Utilizing exercises and in-class evaluations, you will receive first-hand experience practicing persuasive communication and customizing the approaches to your individual personality style. Throughout the program you are provided with frameworks, based on both fundamental ideas in social psychology and cutting-edge research, that will allow you to apply these techniques to your daily business goals.
Cost: $995* covers all course materials, lunch and breakfast
Certificates will be awarded based on successful completion of the one-day, in-person training.
* A 20 percent discount will be given to companies that enroll two or more employees.
* A 10 percent discount will be given to TCU staff/faculty/alumni, U.S. veterans, 501c3 non-profit organizations and government employees.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed to improve any business leader’s ability to persuade others through more effective interpersonal communication (e.g., negotiations, team meetings, general conversations) and information (e.g., presentations, emails, proposals). As such, this course is appropriate for executives, managers and front-line employees.
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn practical tools that they can use immediately to improve their ability to influence others (e.g., coworkers, managers, customers) in interpersonal communication and presentations.
- The principles of persuasion
- Influencing personality types
- Identifying communication strengths and weaknesses
- Information processing models
- Designing persuasive communications
- Developing persuasive content
- Delivering persuasive presentations
- Communicative empathy