Academic Program Director, BNSF Neeley Leadership
- PhD, Arizona State University
- BS, California State University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Service Excellence
- Customer Needs
- Bettencourt, Lance A., Colleen Harmeling, Yashoda Bhagwat, and Mark Houston (2022), “Consumer Job Journeys,” Journal of Service Research, 25 (3), 347–370.
- Bettencourt, Lance A., B. Joseph Pine II, James H. Gilmore, and David W. Norton (2022), “The ‘New You’ Business: How to Compete on Personal Transformations,” Harvard Business Review, 100 (January-February), 70-81.
- Bettencourt, Lance A., Robert F. Lusch, and Stephen L. Vargo (2014), “A Service Lens on Value Creation: Marketing’s Role in Achieving Strategic Advantage,” California Management Review, 57 (1 | Fall), 44-66.
- Bettencourt, Lance A. (2010). Service Innovation: How to Go from Customer Needs to Breakthrough Services. New York: McGraw-Hill. (2012 Finalist for the Berry-AMA Book Prize for the Best Book in Marketing)
- Bettencourt, Lance A. and Anthony W. Ulwick (2008), “The Customer-Centered Innovation Map,” Harvard Business Review, 86 (May), 109-114.