- PhD, Cornell University
- MS, Cornell University
- BS, Cornell University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Financial Accounting
- Experimental Accounting Research
- Clor-Proell, S.M., N. MacKenzie, K. Rennekamp, and K. Rupar. 2023. Invest in What you Know? How Customer Investors React to Corporate Restatements. Accounting, Organizations and Society, 111: 101496.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., K. Kadous, and C. Proell. 2023. Do as I Say: A Look at the Supervisor Behaviors that Encourage Upward Communication on Audit Teams. Accounting Horizons, 37 (1): 15-24.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., N. Brown, S. Stubben, B. White, B. Blankespoor, E. Gordon, M. Gujarathi, E. Henry, and K. Merkley. 2022. Response by the Financial Reporting Policy Committee of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Section of the American Accounting Association to the FASB Invitation to Comment on Identifiable Intangible Assets and Subsequent Accounting for Goodwill. Accounting Horizons, 36 (3): 1-19.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., K. Kadous, and C. Proell. 2022. The Sounds of Silence: A Framework, Theory, and Empirical Evidence of Audit Team Voice. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, 41 (1): 75-100.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., R. Guggenmos, and K. Rennekamp. 2020. Mobile Devices and Investment News Apps: The Effects of Information Release, Push Notification, and the Fear of Missing Out. The Accounting Review, 95 (5): 95-115.
Honors and Awards
- Contemporary Accounting Research Outstanding Reviewer (2021)
- Neeley Deans' Award for Research and Creativity (2021)
- Nominee, Neeley Alumni Professor of the Year (2018-2019)
- AAA-FARS Midyear Meeting Outstanding Discussion Award (2019)
- Bob Vigeland Excellence in Accounting Scholarship Award (2017)
- Neeley Graduate Teaching Award - Core (2017)
- Neeley Summer Research Grant (2014-2021)
- ABO Outstanding Dissertation Award (2008)
- Teaching Honor Roll Recognition for Excellence in Teaching - Cornell University (2006)
- Deloitte Foundation Fellowship (2005)