- PhD, Cornell University
- MS, Cornell University
- BS, Cornell University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Financial Accounting
- Experimental Accounting Research
- Clor-Proell, S.M., K. Kadous, and C. Proell. 2022. Do as I Say: A Look at the Supervisor Behaviors that Encourage Upward Communication on Audit Teams. Accounting Horizons, forthcoming.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., N. Brown, S. Stubben, B. White, B. Blankespoor, E. Gordon, M. Gujarathi, E. Henry, and K. Merkley. 2022. Response to the FASB Invitation to Comment: Identifiable Intangible Assets and Subsequent Accounting for Goodwill. Accounting Horizons, forthcoming.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., K. Kadous, and C. Proell. 2022. The Sounds of Silence: A Framework, Theory, and Empirical Evidence of Audit Team Voice. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, 41 (1): 75–100.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., R. Guggenmos, and K. Rennekamp. 2020. Mobile Devices and Investment News Apps: The Effects of Information Release, Push Notification, and the Fear of Missing Out. The Accounting Review, 95 (5): 95–115.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., E. Hirst, L. Koonce, and N. Seybert. 2019. How Disaggregated Forecasts Influence Investor Response to Subsequent Earnings Announcements. Journal of Financial Reporting, 4 (1): 157–171.
Honors and Awards
- Contemporary Accounting Research Outstanding Reviewer (2021)
- Neeley Deans' Award for Research and Creativity (2021)
- Nominee, Neeley Alumni Professor of the Year (2018-2019)
- AAA-FARS Midyear Meeting Outstanding Discussion Award (2019)
- Bob Vigeland Excellence in Accounting Scholarship Award (2017)
- Neeley Graduate Teaching Award - Core (2017)
- Neeley Summer Research Grant (2014-2021)
- ABO Outstanding Dissertation Award (2008)
- Teaching Honor Roll Recognition for Excellence in Teaching - Cornell University (2006)
- Deloitte Foundation Fellowship (2005)