Associate Professor and Department Chair
- PhD, New York University
- MPhil, New York University
- MBA, Rutgers University
- BA, University of Colorado
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Product Development
- Survey Methodology
- Consumer Psychology
- Creativity and Design Thinking
- Sunder, Sarang, Kihyun Hannah Kim, and Eric A. Yorkston (2019), "What Drives Herding Behavior in Online Ratings? The Role of Rater Experience, Product Portfolio, and Diverging Opinions." Journal of Marketing, 83 (6)
- Yorkston, Eric A., and Xavier Dreze, "A Framework for Understanding Communication Through Comics (Illustrated)." in Review of Marketing Research: Continuing to Broaden the Marketing Concept. vol 17 ed. Dawn Iacobucci. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing, forthcoming.
- Ghoshal, Tanuka, Eric A. Yorkston, Joseph C. Nunes, and Peter Boatwright (2014), "Multiple Reference Points in Sequential Hedonic Evaluation: An Empirical Analysis.” Journal of Marketing Research, 51 (5)
- Morales, Andrea C., Maura Scott, and Eric A Yorkston (2012), “The Role of Accent Standardness in Message Preference and Recall.” Journal of Advertising, 41 (1) 33-45.
- Yorkston, Eric A., Joseph C. Nunes, and Shashi Matta (2010), “The Malleable Brand: The Role of Implicit Theories in Evaluating Brand Extensions.” Journal of Marketing, 74 (1).
Honors and Awards
- Executive Officer of the Society for Consumer Psychology
- Editorial Board of Marketing Letters and Marketing and Branding Research
- Neeley Distinguished Teaching Fellow
- Idea Factory Faculty Fellow
- Comparative Race and Ethnic Studies Core Faculty
- Served on Editorial Review Board of Journal of Consumer Psychology and Journal of Consumer Research
- Outstanding Reviewer Award for JCR 2003-2004