- PhD, Cornell University
- MS, Cornell University
- BS, Cornell University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Financial Accounting
- Experimental Accounting Research
- Clor-Proell, S.M., R. Guggenmos, and K. Rennekamp. 2020. Mobile Devices and Investment News Apps: The Effects of Information Release, Push Notification, and the Fear of Missing Out. The Accounting Review, 95 (5): 95-115.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., E. Hirst, L. Koonce, and N. Seybert. 2019. How Disaggregated Forecasts Influence Investor Response to Subsequent Earnings Announcements. Journal of Financial Reporting, 4(1): 157 - 171.
- Cianci, A., S.M. Clor-Proell, and S. Kaplan. 2019. How do Investors Respond to Restatements? Repairing Trust through Managerial Reputation and the Announcement of Corrective Actions. Journal of Business Ethics, 158(2): 297 - 312.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., L. Koonce, and B. White. 2016. How do Experienced Users Evaluate Hybrid Financial Instruments? Journal of Accounting Research, 54(5): 1267 - 1296.
- Clor-Proell, S.M., C. Proell, and S. Kaplan. 2015. The Impact of Budget Goal Difficulty and Promotion Availability on Employee Fraud. Journal of Business Ethics, 131(4): 773 - 790.
Honors and Awards
- Neeley Deans' Award for Research and Creativity (2021)
- Nominee, Neeley Alumni Professor of the Year (2018-2019)
- AAA-FARS Midyear Meeting Outstanding Discussion Award (2019)
- Bob Vigeland Excellence in Accounting Scholarship Award (2017)
- Neeley Graduate Teaching Award - Core (2017)
- Neeley Summer Research Grant (2014-2021)
- ABO Outstanding Dissertation Award (2008)
- Teaching Honor Roll Recognition for Excellence in Teaching - Cornell University (2006)
- Deloitte Foundation Fellowship (2005)