Director, MS Supply Chain Management Program
Information Systems and Supply Chain Management Department
- PhD, University of Tennessee
- MBA, Texas A&M University
- BBA, Texas A&M University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Strategic implications of supply chain leadership
- Supply chain orientation
- Development of organizational capabilities
- Supply chain structure and performance
- Retail supply chains
- Brian Gibson, Cliff Defee, et al (2009 - 2019), Annual State of the Retail Supply Chain Report. Tyler Morgan, Mert Torkman, Glenn Richey, and C. Clifford Defee, (2018), "Resource commitment and sustainability: a reverse logistics performance model," International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 164-182.
- Rafay Ishfaq, C. Clifford Defee, Brian J. Gibson and Uzma Raja (2016), "Realignment of the Physical Distribution Process in Omni-Channel Fulfillment," International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol 46, No. 6/7, pp. 543-561.
- C. Clifford Defee, Theodore P. Stank, and Terry L. Esper (2010), “The Performance Implications of Transformational Supply Chain Leadership and Followership,” The International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 40, No. 10, pp. 763-791.
- C. Clifford Defee, Brent D. Williams, Wesley S. Randall, and Rodney Thomas (2010), “An Inventory of Theory in Logistics and SCM Research,” International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 404-489.
- Wesley S. Randall, C. Clifford Defee and Stephan P. Brady (2010), “Value Propositions of the U.S. Trucking Industry,” Transportation Journal, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 5-23.
Honors and Awards
- EBSCO Professor of SCM, Emeritus, Auburn University.
- Bernard J. LaLonde Best Paper award for Best Paper to Appear in the Journal of Business Logistics (2009).
- Best Paper to Appear in Transportation Journal (2010).