Assistant Professor of Strategy
Management and Leadership Department
- PhD, Texas A&M University
- BS, University of Richmond
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Social & psychological aspects of top executives
- Corporate governance & boards of directors
- Strategic entrepreneurship
- Harrison, J., Thurgood, G. R., Boivie, S., & Pfarrer, M. Forthcoming. Perception is reality: How CEOs’ observed personality influences market perceptions of firm risk and shareholder returns. Academy of Management Journal.
- Harrison, J.S., Thurgood, G.R., Boivie, S., & Pfarrer, M. 2019. Measuring CEO personality: Developing, validating, and testing a linguistic tool. Strategic Management Journal, 40(8): 1316-1330.
- Harrison, J.S., Boivie, S., Sharp, N.A., & Gentry, R. 2018. Saving face: How negative external attention from the media and star analysts prompts reputation maintenance by directors. Academy of Management Journal, 61(3): 1131-1157.
- Withers, M.C., Ireland, R.D., Miller, D., Harrison, J.S., & Boss, D. 2018. Competitive landscape shifts: The influence of strategic entrepreneurship on shifts in market commonality. Academy of Management Review, 43(3): 349-370.
- Josefy, M.A., Harrison, J.S., Sirmon, D.G, & Carnes, C. 2017. Living and dying: Synthesizing the literature on firm survival across stages of development. Academy of Management Annals, 11(2): 770-799.