Robert and Edith Schumacher Junior Faculty Fellow in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Management and Leadership Department
- PhD, Indiana University
- BS, Indiana University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Boards of Directors
- Strategic Leadership
- Top Management Teams
- Stakeholder Management
- Krause, R., Li, W., Ma, X., and Bruton, G. 2019. The board chair effect across countries: An institutional view. Strategic Management Journal, 40(10): 1570-1592.
- Krause, R. 2017. Being the CEO’s boss: An examination of board chair orientations. Strategic Management Journal, 38(3): 697-713.
- Krause, R., Withers, M., and Semadeni, M. 2017. Compromise on the board: Investigating the antecedents and consequences of lead independent director appointment. Academy of Management Journal, 60(6): 2239-2265.
- Krause, R., Semadeni, M., and Cannella, A. 2014. CEO Duality: A review and research agenda. Journal of Management, 40(1): 252-282.
- Krause, R. and Semadeni, M. 2013. Apprentice, departure, and demotion: An examination of the three types of CEO-board chair separation. Academy of Management Journal, 56(3): 805-826.
Honors and AwardsEditorial Board Member:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Strategic Management Journal
- Organization Science
- Journal of Management Studies
- Organizational Research Methods
- Strategic Leadership and Governance Interest Group, Strategic Management Society
- 2016 Ascendant Scholar, Western Academy of Management