Alex Ning Li
Management and Leadership Department
- PhD, University of Maryland
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Work teams
- Employee voice
- Li, A.N., & Tangirala, S. (Forthcoming) How employees’ voice helps teams remain resilient in the face of exogenous change. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Li, A.N., & Tangirala, S. (2021) How voice emerges and develops in newly formed supervisor-employee dyads. Academy of Management Journal.
- Han, J., Liao., H., Han, J., & Li, A.N. (2021) When leader–member exchange differentiation improves work group functioning: The combined roles of differentiation bases and reward interdependence. Personnel Psychology, 71, 109-141.
- Li, A.N., Liao, H., Tangirala, S., & Firth, B.M. (2017) The content of the message matters: The differential effects of promotive and prohibitive voice on team productivity and safety performance gains. Journal of Applied Psychology, 102, 1259-1270.
- Li, A. N., & Liao, H. (2016). How do leader–member exchange quality and differentiation affect performance in teams? An integrated multilevel dual process model. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99, 847-866.
Honors and Awards
- Frank T. Paine Doctoral Award for Academic Achievement, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland (2017)
- Top 10% Teaching Award, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland (2015)