- PhD, Cornell University
- MS, Cornell University
- BA, University of St. Thomas
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Managerial Accounting
- Experimental Research
- Proell, C. A., Y. D. Zhou, and M. W. Nelson. 2022. "It’s not only what you say . . . How communication style and team culture affects audit issue follow-up and auditor performance evaluations." The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- Clor-Proell, S. M., K. Kadous, and C. A. Proell. 2021. "The sounds of silence: A framework, theory, and empirical evidence of audit team voice." Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, forthcoming.
- Griffith, E., K. Kadous, and C. A. Proell. 2020. "Friends in low places: How peer advice and prior voice experiences affect auditor’s willingness to speak up." Accounting, Organizations and Society, 87(8):1-16.
- Kadous, K., C.A. Proell, J. Rich, and D. Zhou. 2019. "It goes without saying: The effects of intrinsic motivational orientation, leadership emphasis of intrinsic goals, and audit issue ambiguity on speaking up." Contemporary Accounting Research, 36(4): 2113-2141.
- Libby, T.M., C.A. Proell, and S. Smith. 2019. "Difficult cost goals and conflicting honesty incentives: The influence of decision responsibility." Journal of Management Accounting Research, 31(3):185-200.
Honors and Awards
- Maryrose Short Teaching Award, TCU (2020)
- Management Accounting Section Midyear Meeting Outstanding Reviewer Award (2019)
- Bob Vigeland Excellence in Accounting Research Award,TCU (2018)
- TCU John V. Roach Honors College - Honors Professor of the Year Finalist (2017, 2018)
- Neeley Fellows Outstanding Faculty Member,TCU (2018)
- Neeley School of Business Undergraduate – Core Teaching Award, TCU (2016)
- Teaching Honor Roll for Excellence in Teaching, Cornell University (2004 - 2008)
- AOM OB Doctoral Consortium (2005)
- Park Leader Fellowship, Cornell University (1999 – 2001)