Mauricio (Mo) Rodriguez
Director, LKCM Center for Financial Studies
Theodore and Beulah Beasley Faculty Fellowship
- PhD, University of Connecticut
- MBA, American University
- BBA, George Washington University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Emerging Capital Markets
- “Understanding Distressed Residential Transaction Discounts across Submarkets and Market Conditions”. Co-authored with Ramya Aroul and Andy Hanz. Journal of Real Estate Research, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2020.
- “Dollarization and Real Estate Market Performance: Evidence from Housing in El Salvador”, Co-authored with Jonathan Dombrow, Journal of Housing Research, Vol. 24, Number 1, 2015.
- “REIT Going Private Decisions”, The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Co-authored with Jim Brau, Troy Carpenter, and C.F. Sirmans, Vol. 46, No. 1, p. 24-43, 2013.
- “Interest rate changes and the timing of debt issues,” Journal of Banking and Finance., Co-authored with Chris Barry, Steve Mann, and Vassil Mihov, Vol. 33, Number 4, 2009.
- "Corporate debt issuances and the historical level of interest rates," Financial Management, Co-authored with Chris Barry, Steve Mann, and Vassil Mihov, 2008
Honors and Awards
- President, Real Estate Research Institute (2020-2021)
- Richard Ratcliff research Award (2019)
- James A. Graaskamp research Award (2017)
- Executive Director for the American Real Estate Society Foundation (2016-Present)
- Director of Finance for the American Real Estate Society (2016-Present)
- Co-Editor, Journal of Real Estate Literature (2010-Present)
- Editorial board member for The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Managerial Finance, Journal of Real Estate Research, and Journal of Housing Research
- American Real Estate Society Distinguished Service Award (2013)
- Graduate Teaching Award (2010)
- President of the American Real Estate Society (2008-2009)
- William N. Kinnard Scholar Research Award (2005)
- Beasley Faculty Fellowship (2001- Present)
- TCU Deans’ Teaching Award (1998)