Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management
Information Systems and Supply Chain Management Department
- PhD, Michigan State University
- MS, Air Force Institute of Technology
- BS, US Air Force Academy
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Supply chain management integration and enterprise organizational design
- Buyer-supplier coordination and relationships
- Supply chain strategy
- Supply chain flexibility
- Roh, J., Krause, R., Swink, M., 2016. The appointment of chief supply chain officers to top management teams: A contingency model of firm-level antecedents and consequences, Journal of Operations Management, 44, 48-61.
- Roh, J., Turkulainen, V., Whipple, J. Swink, M., (2016, in-press). Organizational Design Change in Multinational Supply Chain Organizations, International Journal of Logistics Management.
- Williams, Brent, Joseph Roh, Morgan Swink, and Travis Tokar (2013). Leveraging Supply Chain Visibility for Responsiveness: The Moderating Role of Internal Integration, Journal of Operations Management, 31, 543-554. Note: Finalist for the 2013 JOM best paper award
- Roh, Joseph, Kenneth Boyer, and Judith Whipple (2013). The effect of single rater bias in multi-stakeholder research: A methodological evaluation of buyer-supplier relationships, Production and Operations Management, 22:3, 711-725.
- Whipple, Judith and Joseph Roh (2010). “Quality Fade and Agency Theory in Buyer-Supplier Relationships,” International Journal of Logistics Management, 21:3, 338-352. Finalist for the 2010 IJLM best paper award.
Honors and Awards
- Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2011,
- Highly Commended Paper Award CSCMP Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2009, 2010
- Office of the Secretary of Defense's Reduced Total Ownership Cost Award, 2006
- Edwin W. Rawlings Award for excellence in communication and information integration, 2004