M.J. Neeley Professor of Management
Management and Leadership Department
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MBA, Oklahoma State University
- BSBA, Oklahoma State University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- The experience of time at work (e.g., psychology of time, time use, etc.)
- Person-environment fit over time
- Employee engagement over time
- Job attitudes over time
- Experiencing and leading change
- Shipp, A. J., & Richardson. H. A. The impact of temporal schemata: Understanding when individuals entrain versus resist or create temporal structure. In press at Academy of Management Review.
- Shipp, A. J., & Jansen, K. J. (2021). The “Other” Time: A Review of the Subjective Experience of Time in Organizations. Academy of Management Annals, 15(1), 299-334.
- Levasseur, L., Shipp, A. J., Fried, Y., Rousseau, D., & Zimbardo, P. (2020). Editorial: New perspectives in time perspective and temporal focus. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 41(3), 235-243.
- Jansen, K. J., & Shipp, A. J. (2019). Fitting as a temporal sensemaking process: Shifting trajectories and stable themes. Human Relations, 72(7), 1154–1186.
- Shipp, A. J., & Aeon, B. (2019). Temporal focus: Thinking about the past, present, and future. Current Opinion in Psychology, 26, 37-43.
Honors and Awards
- TCU Deans' Award for Research & Creativity (2020)
- Neeley Dean's Award for Research & Creativity (2020)
- Outstanding Reviewer Awards from: Academy of Management Review (2020, 2019); Academy of Management Journal (2015); Academy of Management-Org. Behavior Division (2014, 2009, 2006)
- Neeley Full-time MBA Students’ “Favorite Professor” (2020, 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)
- Neeley Outstanding Undergraduate (Core) Teaching Award (2017)
- Innovation in Teaching Award, Neeley School of Business, TCU (2014)
- Best Paper Finalist, Academy of Management Review (2011)
- Lockheed Martin Excellence in Teaching Award, Mays Business School, Texas A&M (2009)
- Excellence in Research Award, National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (2008)
- Top 20 Poster, Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Annual Conference (2008)
- Finalist for Owens Scholarly Achievement Award, SIOP (2007)