- PhD, University of Minnesota
- MBA, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- BSBA, University of Tulsa
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Sales management
- Marketing strategy
- Interface between finance and marketing
- Sales forecasting
- Business ethics
- Shipp, Shannon H. (1987), "Modified Vendettas as a Method of Punishing Corporations," Journal of Business Ethics, 6, 603-612.
- Cardozo, Richard N. and Shannon H. Shipp (1987), "How New Selling Methods Are Affecting Industrial Sales Management," Business Horizons, 30 (September/October), 23-28.
- Shipp, Shannon H., Charles W. Lamb, Jr., and Michael Mokwa (1993), "Developing and Enhancing Marketing Students' Skills: Written and Oral Communication, Intuition, Creativity, and Computer Usage," Marketing Education Review, 6 (December).
- Lamb, Charles W. Jr., Shannon H. Shipp, and William C. Moncrief (1995) "Integrating Skills and Content Knowledge in the Marketing Curriculum," Journal of Marketing Education, (Summer), 71-80.
- Shipp, Shannon H. and Charles W. Lamb, Jr., (1997) "The Effect of Selected Environmental Variables on the Marketing Mix/SBU Performance Relationship, Journal of Strategic Marketing, 4 (3), 143-162.
Honors and Awards
- TCU Senior Appreciation Program (6 times)
- TCU Mortar Board Preferred Professor (4 times)
- Best Article First Five Years Marketing Education Review
- Article of the Year Journal of Marketing Education
- University of Minnesota Corporate Fellow
- University of Minnesota Haring Fellow