TCU Ralph Lowe Energy Institute Faculty Fellow
Theodore and Beulah Beasley Faculty Fellowship
- PhD, Purdue University
- BA, Graceland College
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Corporate Finance
- Debt Financing
- Capital Structure
- Option Markets
- Bizjak, John M., Swaminathan L. Kalpathy, Vassil T. Mihov, and Jue Ren, 2022, "CEO Political Leanings and Store-Level Economic Activity during COVID-19 Crisis: Effects on Shareholder Value and Public Health," The Journal of Finance 77(5), p. 2949-2986.
- Bizjak, John M., Swaminathan L. Kalpathy, and Vassil T. Mihov, 2019, "Performance Contingencies in CEO Equity Awards and Debt Contracting," The Accounting Review 94 (5), p. 57-82.
- Lim, Steve, Steven C. Mann, and Vassil T. Mihov, 2017, "Do Operating Leases Extend Credit Capacity: Evidence from borrowing costs and credit ratings," Journal of Corporate Finance 42, p. 100-114.
- Mayhew, S., and V. Mihov, 2004, "How Do Exchanges Select Stocks for Option Listing?" The Journal of Finance 59 (1), p. 447-472.
- Denis, D. J., and V. Mihov, 2003, "The choice among bank debt, non-bank private debt, and public debt: Evidence from new corporate borrowings," Journal of Financial Economics 70 (1), p. 3-28. (Lead article in the volume)
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Teaching Award for MBA core course, 2018, 2004
- Neeley Fellows Distinguished Faculty Award, 2016
- Selected as a “Favorite Professor” by MBA students, 2023, 2021, 2020, 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, 2013
- Pi Beta Phi Outstanding Professor of the Semester, Fall 2010
- Mortar Board Preferred Professor Award, 2002, 2001
- Nominated for the TCU Wassenich Award for Mentoring, 2005
- TCU Magnanimous McNair Mentor, 2000