Microsoft Office certification is required for all business majors to provide you with advanced skills employers want.
You must pass PowerPoint and Excel in your first year by the published deadline to continue as a pre-business student beyond the first year. Excel is a prerequisite for INSC 20153.
- Tests are offered on weekdays only. Prep classes are offered weekly. Sign up for either through your account at my.tcu.edu, Academic Progress, Neeley, Microsoft Test/Prep. Read the add/drop policy carefully.
- You must sign up once for each test.
- Each test takes approximately 50 minutes.
- You will receive your results immediately upon completing each test, along with a printed score report.
- $75.00 per test per attempt.
- $125.00 for each prep class. (If you fail the test after taking a prep class, you may retake the class at no charge within 30 days of your original class. Call 817-257-5220 to schedule your retake.)
- If you cannot make it to your test appointment, cancel at least 48 hours in advance by calling 817-257-5220. If you fail to cancel in time, you will be billed for the test.
Scholarships are available to cover the costs of the prep classes. Call 817-257-5220 for more information.
You must provide documentation from a physician detailing the extent of your disability and requirements for accommodation. Learn more by calling 817-257-5220.
Service members and veterans may be eligible for military reimbursement for Microsoft Office certification exam fees. Learn more by contacting VA Education Customer Service at 888-442-4551.
Other Testing Centers
If you want to take your exams outside of the TCU area, locate a testing center in your area. Contact the Neeley Academic Advising Center at 817-257-5220 for instruction on submitting your online Microsoft Office transcript.