Information Systems and Supply Chain Management Department
- PhD, University of Georgia
- MBA, University of Georgia
- MS, University of Florida
- BS, University of Florida
Areas of Expertise/Research
- IS Strategy and Alignment
- IS and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management of IS
- Preston, D.S., D. Chen, M. Swink, L. Meade. Forthcoming. “Generating Supplier Benefits through Buyer-Enabled Knowledge Enrichment: A Social Capital Perspective”. Decision Sciences.
- Chen, D., D.S. Preston, M. Swink. 2015. “Big Data Analytics Usage and Value Creation in Supply Chain Management: An Integrative Model and Empirical Analysis”. Journal of Management Information Systems. 32(4), pp. 4–39
- Chen, D., D.S. Preston, M. Tarafdar. 2015. “From Innovative IS Strategy to Customer Value: The Roles of Innovative Business Orientation, CIO Leadership and Organizational Climate”. Database for Advances in Information Systems 46(2), pp. 8-29 (shared first authorship).
- Chen, D. D.S. Preston, W. Xia. 2013. “Enhancing Hospital Supply Chain Performance: A Relational View and Empirical Test”. Journal of Operations Management 31(6), pp. 391-408 (shared first authorship).
- Karahanna, E., D.S. Preston. 2013. “The Influence of the CIO-TMT Social Capital on IS Strategic Alignment and Value Creation”. Journal of Management Information Systems 30(1), pp. 15-55.
Honors and Awards
- Associate Editor - MIS Quarterly
- IEE TEM - Editorial Board
- Journal of Strategic Information Systems - Editorial Board
- Journal of Strategic Information Systems – Runner-up for Best Paper of 2010
- Decision Sciences - Finalist for Best Paper of 2008
- Information Systems Research – Reviewer of the Year 2010
- MIS Quarterly – Reviewer of the Year 2008
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)