- PhD,Pennsylvania State University
- MAcc, College of William & Mary
- BA, University of Virginia
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Consumer Behavior
- Consumer Preferences
- Consumer Financial Decisions
- Sensory Marketing
- Cheng, Andong and Gretchen R. Ross (2023), “Tiered Discounts as Multiple Reference Points for Spending,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 33 (2), 424-431.
- Ross, Gretchen R., Lisa E. Bolton, and Margaret G. Meloy (2023), “Disorder in Secondhand Retail Spaces: The Countervailing Forces of Hidden Treasure and Risk,” Journal of Retailing, 99 (1), 136-148.
- Ross, Gretchen R., Margaret G. Meloy, and Lisa E. Bolton (2021), “Disorder and Downsizing,” Journal of Consumer Research, 47 (6), 959-977. Ferber Award winner (2021).
- Ross, Gretchen R., Margaret G. Meloy, and Kurt A. Carlson (2020), “Preference Refinement after a Budget Contraction,” Journal of Consumer Research, 47 (3), 412-430.
Honors and Awards
- Ferber Award (2021)
- AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow (2019)