Xiaoyan (Winnie) Wen
- PhD,Carnegie Mellon University
- MS, Carnegie Mellon University
- BS, Tsinghua University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Financial Reporting and Disclosure
- Management Forecast and Guidance
- Debt Contracting
- Incentive Compensation
- “Financial Leverage, Information Quality, and Efficiency,” with Lin Nan. Contemporary Accounting Research, Summer 2023, Volume 40 Issue 2: 1082-1106
- “Penalties, Manipulation, and Investment Efficiency,” with Lin Nan. Management Science. Vol. 65, No. 10, 2019, pp. 4878–4900. The paper was featured in the news of Krannert School of Management Faculty Research.
- “Information Quality and Endogenous Project Outcome,” with Lin Nan and Mingcherng Deng. Contemporary Accounting Research, 2019, Volume 36 Issue 2: 732-757.
- “Financing and Investment Efficiency, Information Quality, and Accounting Biases,” with Lin Nan, Management Science, September 2014, Volume 60, No. 9, 2308-2323.
- “Voluntary Disclosure and Investment,” sole-authored, Contemporary Accounting Research, 2013, Volume 30 Issue 2: 677-696.
Honors and Awards
- TCU Neeley Five Year Service Award 2020
- Bob Vigeland Excellence in Accounting Research Award, Neeley School of Business 2019
- UIC College of Business Administration Five Year Service Award 2014
- UIC Favorite Undergraduate Accounting Professor Award 2013
- William Larimer Mellon Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University 2004 - 2007