Theodore and Beulah Beasley Faculty Fellowship
- PhD, Purdue University
- BA, Graceland College
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Corporate Finance
- Debt Financing
- Capital Structure
- Option Markets
- Denis, D. J., and V. Mihov, 2003, The choice among bank debt, non-bank private debt, and public debt: Evidence from new corporate borrowings, Journal of Financial Economics 70 (1), p. 3-28. (lead article in the volume).
- Mayhew, S., and V. Mihov, 2004, How Do Exchanges Select Stocks for Option Listing? Journal of Finance 59 (1), p. 447-472.
- Barry, C., S. C. Mann, V.T. Mihov, M. Rodriguez, 2008, “Corporate Debt Issuance and the Historical Level of Interest Rates,” Financial Management 37 (3), p. 413-430.
- Barry, C., S. C. Mann, V.T. Mihov, M. Rodriguez, 2009, “Interest Rate Changes and the Timing of Debt Issues,” Journal of Banking and Finance 33 (4), p 600-608.
- Barry, C., and V.T. Mihov, 2015, “Debt Financing, Venture Capital, and the Performance of Initial Public Offerings,” Journal of Banking and Finance 58, p. 144–165.
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Teaching Award for MBA core course, 2018, 2004
- Neeley Fellows Distinguished Faculty Award, 2016
- Selected as a “Favorite Professor” by MBA students, 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, 2013
- Pi Beta Phi Outstanding Professor of the Semester, Fall 2010
- Mortar Board Preferred Professor Award, 2002, 2001
- Nominated for the TCU Wassenich Award for Mentoring, 2005
- TCU Magnanimous McNair Mentor, 2000