Neeley Analytics Initiative Chair
J. Vaughn and Evelyne H. Wilson Professor of Business
- PhD, University of Texas at Dallas
- MBA, BK School of Management
- MSc, Delhi University of India
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Retailing and Social Media
- Online and Mobile Behavior
- Liao, Bo, Candace Yano and Minakshi Trivedi (2019), “Optimizing Store-Brand Quality: Impact of Choice of Producer and Channel Price Leadership”, Forthcoming, Production and Operations Management.
- Jo Wooyong, Sarang Sunder, Jeonghye Choi and Minakshi Trivedi (2019), “Fighting Game Addiction through Bans - Case of the Shutdown Law in Korea”, Forthcoming, Marketing Science.
- Trivedi, Minakshi, Dinesh Kumar Gauri and Yu Ma (2017), "Assessing Category Inefficiencies in Generating Category Sales and Profits at a Supermarket", Management Science,October, pp.3473-3488.
- Toker-Yildiz, Kamer, Minakshi Trivedi, Jeonghye Choi and Sue Chang (2017), "Social Interactions and Monetary Incentives in Driving Consumer Repeat Behavior", Journal of Marketing Research, June, pp.364-380.
- Trivedi, Minakshi, Karthik Sridhar and Ashish Kumar (2016), "Impact of Healthy Alternatives on Consumer Choice: A Balancing Act", Journal of Retailing, 92(1), pp.6582.
Honors and Awards
- Received Fulbright Research Scholar Award (2013) for research "Social Media: A Game Changer".
- Won 2nd Prize for Best Paper (2011) for "Optimizing Purchase Behavior at the Attribute Level" (with Ashish Kumar and Karthik Sridhar), SIMSR Conference, Bombay, India, January, 2011.
- Won Davidson Honorable Mention Award for the Best article in Journal of Retailing (2010), for "Understanding the Determinants of Retail Strategy: An Empirical Analysis", (2008, with Dinesh Gauri and Dhruv Grewal).
- Received a Certificate of Recognition at an award ceremony (2005) from graduating students (Class of 2003).
- Featured in Annual Report and Honor Roll, University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc., 1991-1992. Fellow, American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium, 1988.
- Merit Scholarship, by BK School of Business Management. Master of Science degree with Academic Distinction, by Delhi University