Essential skills in an executive communicator’s repertoire are the ability to successfully negotiate different perspectives and viewpoints towards a collaborative outcome and positively influence the stakeholders around them. This ability is crucial within organizations and has a direct impact on client partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, project teams, and interpersonal and matrixed interactions.
In this two-day offering, participants will gain insights and concrete strategies for accomplishing personal and organizational goals by effectively managing differences and resolving conflicts. Executives will be given the tools needed to expand their influence acumen and strengthen their impact in interactions by securing buy-in from others. This workshop is highly interactive and provides opportunities for personal reflection, hands-on practice, and concrete takeaways for individual improvement and action. Participants will unravel negotiations and personal influence challenges while developing action plans toward their resolution.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
April 30 - May 1, 2024
2 in-person program days
Cost: $1,895* and includes all class materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Certificates will be awarded based on successful completion of the 2-day training.
Click here to see the list of safety measures we are adding to our in-person programs.
* A 20 percent discount will be given to companies that enroll two or more employees.
* A 30 percent discount will be given to TCU Alumni and TCU Faculty/Staff.
* A 10 percent discount will be given to U.S. veterans and employees of non-profit organizations.
Who Should Attend?
Business leaders at all levels who would benefit from learning conflict negotiation techniques and expanding their influence and impact in interactions by obtaining buy-in from others.
What You Will Learn
- Recognize common pitfalls in managing conflict
- 5 golden rules for effectively coping with conflicts
- Concrete negotiation and conflict management preparation tools
- Discover and leverage distinct sources of power and influence
- Develop strategies for influence without authority through social capital
- Learn and apply effective verbal and non-verbal communication and influence skills
- Acquire tools for building alliances and working toward consensus in meetings
How You Will Benefit
- Increase awareness of self and others' conflict management styles
- Expand your repertoire of negotiation skills
- Recognize cognitive blind spots and common hurdles to effective communication and influence